Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

I Think I Can See Where You're Going Wrong: And Other Wise and Witty Comments from Guardian Readers Review (Marc Burrows, Tom Gauld)


I Think I Can See Where You’re Going Wrong is a collection of, ahem, “humorous” comments made by members of the public on The Guardian’s open forum, Comment Is Free. 

Here are some sample comments: 

Why on earth would anyone use Microsoft Internet Explorer if they had a choice?
On Bradley Wiggins: This man was knighted for riding a bike? The mind boggles. 
So how does Spider-Man become Spider-Man then? Something to do with a spider I bet?
University Challenge is pretty much the only thing on TV that’s worth watching. 

To be fair, there are some mildly amusing comments sprinkled here and there:

I think Lance Armstrong should be applauded for winning the Tour de France. When I took shed loads of drugs I couldn’t even find my bicycle.
This 3D printed Keanu Reeves doll actually has more facial expressions than the real one. 
I didn’t know Keanu Reeves HAD three dimensions?

I Think… is more of a coffee-table book that you'd page through listlessly than something you’d be able to read like a novel. But even so, it’s not the greatest of concepts. If you want to read dumbass comments, go on any website with a comments thread and have a browse through the inanity below - I highly recommend Youtube for some really mental people! More than anything, I Think… reminds you why comment is free, because what’s said on these sites is worthless.

I Think I Can See Where You're Going Wrong: And Other Wise and Witty Comments from Guardian Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment