Pages

Friday 20 March 2020

Is Kichijoji the Only Place to Live? Volume 3 by Makihirochi Review


The third volume of the slice-of-life real estate manga set in Tokyo, Is Kichijoji The Only Place to Live?, sees twin sisters Tomiko and Miyako continue planning their house refurbishment as well as finding places for a lesbian couple, a young woman moving into her first flat and a French editor.

So I think I’ve run my course with this series - this third volume didn’t really cut it for me. The bookworm in me found the library tour interesting - Tokyo has some amazing libraries! - and I enjoyed the tours of the Ebisu and Jujo areas of the city.

But it’s just more of the same stuff we’ve seen in the first two books and the premise and material feels like it’s running a bit thin three volumes in. I was bored most of the time and felt like how Miyako looks - blank-faced and always on the verge of falling asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment