Pages

Monday 10 February 2020

The Milkman Murders Review (Joe Casey, Steve Parkhouse)


A put-upon housewife gets shit on by her absurdly nasty family until one day a slob dressed as a milkman rapes her and she snaps - cue copious amounts of bloodshed!

Maybe if I’d known more about this one before picking it up based solely on the amusing title and cover, as well as remembering that I’ve never read a good Joe Casey comic, I’d have avoided another stinker. Ah, well. We lives and we learns, eh?

The only positive thing I’ll say about this one is that the setup made me laugh in how over-the-top, comically evil the housewife’s family were. The girl is having an affair with her gym teacher, the boy is butchering small animals in the basement and, when he’s not slapping her around, the husband is doing hard drugs after work with his buddies!

Other than that though it’s a very one-dimensional story that’s not nearly as compelling, original, clever or entertaining as I’d hoped, with nothing to say - like every other Joe Casey comic then! Nor am I a fan of Steve Parkhouse’s scratchy, grotesque art.

And that’s The Milkman Murders - an obscure comic for a reason! Never again Joe Casey, that was your last chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment